Zebra Environmental and Industrial Services, Inc (Zebra) of High Point, NC is growing rapidly and hiring a Health and Safety Manager to support our operations based in High Point, North Carolina.
Zebra provides industrial and remedial services to several, private and public sector industries in the eastern and midwestern US including manufacturing, engineering, chemical, transportation, retail and distributed energy. Zebra has an immediate opening for an experienced Health and Safety Manager based in our High Point, NC office. Zebra services an impressive client base in the southeast and is experiencing rapid growth. The Health and Safety Manager will support Zebra’s field staff in all phases of service delivery.
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for administering and leading all elements of the company’s Health and Safety program and focuses nearly all her/his efforts on the development and maintenance of safe work practices, hazard communication, and the improvement of the company’s health and safety metrics by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the operations department on the safe selection of means and methods for industrial and remediation disciplines.
- Evaluates and plans safe work practices in close concert with operational, sales, and administrative team members.
- Provides routine and specific health and safety training to staff members with specific emphasis on commonly used equipment and methods.
- Maintains all training records for the company including HAZWOPER, OSHA, Railroad, TWIC, and site-specific certifications.
- Manages the near miss and incident management processes proactively, which includes employee advocating, medical management, injury management, and return to work practices, investigation, corrective actions, and reporting.
- Consults regularly with other departments, professionals, vendors, and subject matter experts regarding best management practices.
- Visits job sites regularly to perform audits, assessments, and overall H&S support.
- Performs routine analysis of H&S programs and metrics and develops specific injury prevention plans to address trends and risk in real time.
- Drives and manages the communication and incentive portions of the health and safety programs.
- Writes and/or reviews job hazard analysis for all of the company’s service lines.
- Manages and maintains the company’s 3rd party administrator approval process including Avetta, Browse, and ISNETWorld.
- Provides SME support to the proposal and estimating process.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process by reporting on the needs of the H&S department.
Qualified candidates will have ten to fifteen years of direct experience in environmental and industrial industries and have proven experience leading HSE programs in plant and remediation site experience. CIH or CSP certifications are preferred but not required. Must have excellent, verbal and written communication skills and must be able to lead HSE programs within highly specialized teams. Must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of departments including sales and estimating, finance and operations.
If you are an experienced environmental or safety professional and interested in joining an elite team of environmental professionals servicing a blue chip client base in the southeast and growing rapidly in other areas please send your letter of interest and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org.